Serve yourself and your guests something a little bit fancy at your next gathering with this Dairy Free Low carb take on Panna cotta.
Peppermint Choc Chip Panna Cotta with peppermint coconut cream
Makes 8 serves
|Calories 69 | Protein 1.9g | Fats 5.8g | Carbs 2.6g |
- 1 tsp. (plus a couple of extra drops) Peppermint essence
- 1 tbsp. Powdered Sweetener such as Splenda (or equivalent - can use liquid stevia to taste)
- 1 tsp. green food colour (can use 2 tsp matcha powder)
- 2 tsp. cacao powder,
- 1 cup thick coconut cream.
- 40g Sugar Free peppermint dark chocolate. (if you cannot find flavoured chocolate, just use sugar free dark choc, and add a little more peppermint essence to the mix.)
The night Before
1. Soak Cashews in water, overnight.
The Next Day
2. Drain Cashews. Add to blender or food processor with Almond Milk, colour, peppermint essence, cacao and sweetener. Blend until no pieces remain.
3. Add mixture to saucepan and bring to a slight simmer. Add your Agar Agar and whisk through continuously until combined. Mixture will thicken to a thick custard or smooth oatmeal consistency. You don't need to be HOT, but warm.
4. Chop chocolate and disperse In silicone Molds.
5. Evenly distribute mixture into molds and place in refrigerator to set for a minimum of 30 mins.
6. When set and cool. Turn out from silicone molds.
7. In a bowl, mix 1/2 tsp peppermint essence with 1/2 tsp liquid stevia and coconut cream.
8. Serve your Peppermint Panna cotta with a decent dollop of peppermint coconut cream.
*TIP Dress it up a little more with a dusting of cacao powder, some shaved/grated sugar free dark chocolate or some white chocolate peppermint snowflakes!
All recipes and images are the property of CR nutrition. I'd love for you to share the link to my recipes, however, please do not copy without credit. Thank you and Enjoy!! Carrie Ross: Holistic Nutritionist | BSc Nutritional and Dietetic Medicine | Bariatric Health Coach | Social Trainer |Author of:->
The Balanced Macros - Bariatric Nutrition Program.
->The Fresh Start Reset - Bariatric Mind and Body Reset
->Bariatric Jump-start - Mind-Body-Belly Challenge